Women and The Financial Markets – 10 Facts and Quotes to Read In Celebration Of International Women’s Day.
Today we support and appreciate the women in our lives and especially the personas who are creating new and inspiring trends in the finance world. For a long period of time, women representation in the world of finance and trading was somewhat minuscule, with only 12% of EU traders being female. However, there is a noticeable shift that more female investors started joining the trading realm.
Here are 3 interesting facts about women and the financial markets:
- On average, women outperform men by 0.4%. However, only 9% of women think they make better investors than men.
- Since 2018, the number of females investing outside of retirement grew by 23%, according to Fidelity.
- 50% of women say they are more interested in investing since the start of the pandemic.
In celebration of International Women’s Day, we thought we’d find a little inspiration from the strong female business leaders of the world.
7 inspiring quotes from women business leaders:
- “There is no substitute for hard work. There is a little luck along the way, but there is no substitute for really super-hard work, first in, last out.” Mary Callahan Erdoes CEO, Asset & Wealth Management, JPMorgan Chase
- “In the world of money, which is a world shaped by human behavior, nobody has the foggiest notion of what will happen in the future. Mark that word – Nobody!” Linda Bradford Raschke, LBR Asset Management.
- “Option A is not available. So let’s kick the sh** out of option B.” – Sheryl Sandberg , COO of Facebook
- “If you’re clear on what you believe, you have a great foundation to go make a market.”—Ginni Rometty, Chairman, president and CEO of IBM
- “I’m a believer. I’m one of the few standing before you today from a large financial services company that has not given up on digital currencies.” Abigail Johnson Chair and CEO, Fidelity Investments
- “2023: The Building Blocks of The New Economy. If we can get to that point where we have a known interest rate environment, even if inflation is still a little elevated, I think we can operate in that environment for a long time” Adena Friedman President and CEO, Nasdaq
- “There is enough data that you can truly make a difference in how you’re investing. It’s a way to get engaged with companies; that’s the new flavor in sustainability – is ‘corporate engagement’.” Suni Harford President, UBS Asset Management